|Full Name:||God Of War – Chains Of Olympus|
|Rating:||4.2 By 437,241 Peoples|
God of War: Chains of Olympus is an action-adventure game developed by Ready at Dawn and Santa Monica Studio, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation Portable (PSP). The game was released on March 4, 2008, in North America. Chains of Olympus serves as a prequel to the original God of War, released on the PlayStation 2. In the game, players control Kratos, a former Spartan warrior who serves the gods of Olympus. The story takes place before the events of the first God of War, with Kratos being tasked to prevent the sun god Helios from being kidnapped by the Titan Atlas. As Kratos embarks on his quest, he faces various mythical creatures and challenges, ultimately uncovering a plot that threatens the entire world.
Gameplay and Combat in God of War – Chains of Olympus
The gameplay in Chains of Olympus is classic God of War. As Kratos, you’ll be hacking and slashing your way through enemies and solving environmental puzzles.
- Combat is fast-paced and brutal. You have Kratos’ signature double-chained blades as your main weapon, which you can swing and throw at enemies. You’ll also find other weapons, like the Gauntlet of Zeus, that give you different attack options. Be prepared for lots of quick-time events that require split-second button presses.
- Kratos has his usual array of magical abilities, as the Army of Sparta and Efreet summons. These spells can really help turn the tide of battle in your favor. You’ll need to manage your magic meter, though, so use spells strategically.
- Puzzles typically involve moving objects, activating switches and levers, and navigating treacherous terrain. Many require keen observation of your surroundings to figure out what you need to do to progress. Some also rely on your mastery of the combat system to defeat enemies in a particular order.
- There are also platforming elements, where you have to jump, climb, and balance your way across dangerous areas. These parts can be frustrating but rewarding when you finally make it across!
- Boss battles are challenging and truly epic. You’ll face off against massive mythological beasts and demons, often with multi-stage fights that require you to adapt your strategy. The huge scale of these battles is breathtaking.
Weapons and Magic in God of War – Chains of Olympus
To conquer the enemies and challenges in God of War – Chains of Olympus, you’ll need to master Kratos’ weapons and magic.
- The Blades of Chaos are Kratos’ signature weapons, a pair of chained blades that he wields with deadly proficiency. Use them to slash, stab, and grab enemies from a distance. As you progress, you can upgrade the Blades of Chaos to increase their power and unlock new abilities.
- The Blade of Artemis is a massive sword Kratos acquires early on. It deals huge damage but is slower to wield. The Blade of Artemis is best for staggering enemies and breaking their defenses.
- Kratos also utilizes a variety of magic spells and abilities. The Thunder of Zeus’s ability shoots lightning from Kratos’ blades to electrocute multiple foes. The Army of Hades summons spirits to attack enemies. Poseidon’s Rage creates a vortex that sucks in and damages nearby opponents.
- Rage of the Gods is Kratos’ ultimate attack. When the Rage meter is full, activate Rage of the Gods to increase Kratos’ strength, restore health, and gain new powers for a limited time. Rage abilities include the Cestus, a pair of massive gauntlets, and the Gauntlet of Zeus, an electrified gauntlet for pummeling enemies.
- Other weapons and tools Kratos uses include the Shield of Perseus for blocking enemy attacks, the Wings of Icarus for gliding over pits and traps, and the Bow of Apollo for hitting faraway targets.